I believe the best strategy is informed by data, with supporter experience and theory of change as its foundation. I can help you to answer questions such as:
- Who has the power to enact change?
- How will you mobilise supporters?
- What does success look like and how and when will you measure it?
Elements of content or campaign strategy may include:
- Defined objectives.
- KPIs and measurement frameworks.
- Defined theory of change, campaign target, advocacy mechanic.
- Persona profiles, supporter journeys and user stories.
- Key messages and content themes.
- Planning calendars for email, social media and website.
- Internal process design / workflows / sign-off procedures for managing digital comms.
- Information architecture, user experience and user interface recommendations (IA, UX, UI).
I can tell you how to make changes to your website design to increase donations, improve usability, and drive more petition signatures.
If your organisation is new to delivering digital work or is finding the process a challenge, I can work with your team to develop a digital transformation roadmap. This will involve interviewing and surveying key members of your team at all levels of seniority, and combining with my knowledge of best practices in digital charity communications. A digital transformation roadmap will prioritise and plan for projects to improve your organisation’s digital capability. Example themes of work that might be recommended include:
- Resourcing (hiring or outsourcing)
- Content strategy
- Website design and development
- Measurement and reporting
Examples of my strategy work:
- Persona development, supporter journey mapping & measurement framework for Asthma UK.
- Digital transformation roadmap for Wellbeing of Women.
- Theory of change, messaging and advocacy consultancy for a Client Earth campaign.
- Supporter journey development for an Oxfam UK Christmas campaign.
- Internal process design for social media customer service for EDF Energy.
- Campaign strategy for dozens of advocacy campaigns for the petition site Care2, gaining national media coverage and achieving change for many. Including: anti-upskirting, against hostile architecture, against fox hunting and for the release of detained asylum seekers.