I can project manage freelancers, agencies or your in-house team to deliver new campaign or donation web pages, social media content and email programmes.
I have extensive campaign copywriting experience, having been Head of UK Campaigns at Care2 for four years. This involved writing petitions, emails and press releases. I use emotive language and explicit theory of change to drive supporters to take action. I have also written a book chapter which was published in an academic technology textbook. I have a Biology degree and am able to communicate clearly with technical skill and accuracy.
I can deliver advocacy campaigns from start to finish, including organising on-the-ground protests e.g. petition delivery events.
Examples of work I have project managed the production of:
- an advocacy campaign for Wellbeing of Women.
- a forum for service users, for Mind.
- a Facebook app/game for RSPCA.
- a petition for Asthma UK.
- an infographic for PR purposes for Kuoni.
- a live marketing data dashboard for Picturehouse Cinemas.
Examples of successful advocacy campaigns I worked on:
- Upskirting is now illegal in England and Wales.
- Southampton Council scrapped PSPOs which criminalised homeless people.
- Two lesbian activists were saved from deportation.
- The fox hunting ban was not repealed.
I have achieved national and local media coverage for campaigns I’ve worked on, in print, online and on the radio.